Let me preface this by saying, anyone who knows anything about me knows that I hate stuff that is done half-assed or slip-shot.
One of my pet peaves is when you buy something and then the sales person tells you, "Oh, but you're going to need this . . . ."
For example, if I tell you you can't feed your fish until the water temperature is above 55º Fahrenheit, you're gonna ask me how
you'll know when the water temperature is above 55º Fahrenheit, right? Well, to know that, you have to buy this little sinking
pond thermometer. Granted, a pond thermometer is only a $16.00 purchase, but when you get into aerators, bottom drains,
and the right filter media, you're talking big bucks, and the last thing you (or I) want to do is to have to purchase something
ELSE to make the whole system work the way it should have from the git-go. Therefore, when I bid out pond projects, I bid
EVERYTHING. I will go over every single item with you, and if you determine you want to wait on, say, the lighting, or an
aerator, you most certainly can. I do want you to know that it's something I recommend and why though, so you're an educated
pond owner. My kit prices are really not that much more of a financial investment than kits from other pond suppliers, but
when you order a kit from me, you'll know you're getting everything you need for a successful finished project, plus you have
access to my vast wealth of nearly useless information. Please keep this in mind when reviewing the following list of materials.
To give you an idea of the prices of these materials, I'll use a 11' x 14' x 3' deep pond, with a 15' long stream as an example,
since this is the average size of the ponds I install. For a pond this size, you will need the following materials:
- 45 mil EPDM rubber fish-safe liner for pond (20' x 25') or 500 sq. ft.
- Geotextile underlayment for pond.
- 45 mil EPDM rubber fish-safe liner for stream/waterfall (20' x 5.5') or 110 sq. ft.
- Geotextile underlayment for stream/waterfall.
- One (1) Monsoon Submersible pump Model MS4000 (rated at 4000 gph @ 3.2 amps.) with 4 year
warranty. (When registered with the manufacturer on-line.)
- One (1) 1½" to 2" pump discharge/check valve assembly.
- One (1) Medium Skimmer, complete with lightweight imitation rock lid, skimmer net, support tubes,
skimmer brushes, weir, and screws.
- One (1) Medium Aquafalls, complete with lightweight imitation rock lip, 3 filter mats, support tubes, 2
bulkhead fittings, 1 male PVC threaded adaptor, 1 male PVC cap, and 3 media bags for filter media.
- One (1) waterfall installation kit.
- One (1) 50' roll of 2" black PVC flex pipe.
- One (1) 2" Deep Socket Locking Gate Valve.
- One (1) weatherproof timer/transformer with 2 - 20 watt lights.
- One (1) EasyPro Bottom Drain.
- One (1) 4" Deep Socket Schedule 40 PVC Threaded Male Adapter.
- One (1) 3" bulkhead fitting.
- One (1) 3" Deep Socket Schedule 40 Threaded Male Adaptor.
- One (1) 4" to 3" Deep Socket Schedule 40 PVC Reducing Bushing.
- One (1) 3" - 45º Deep Socket Schedule 40 PVC Elbow.
- Ten (10) feet of 3" black PVC flex pipe.
- Three (3) five cubic foot bags of BactiTwist filter media.
- One (1) outdoor rated pond aerator/de-icer with self-weightedtubing and air diffuser. (Model LA5W)
- One (1) sinking pond thermometer.
SUBTOTAL OF MATERIALS:
State Sales Tax:
TOTAL COST OF POND KIT COMPONENTS:
The items listed above are shown at their cost if purchased as an entire kit. This is not *suggested retail*, and to avoid
confusion with regard to pricing on the Products pages of this web site, I am showing the price discounts if purchased as a kit
here. Also, for the sake of this example, I absolutely HATE when things are priced at, say, $24.99, or $25.13. Twenty five
bucks is twenty five bucks.
Again, you don't HAVE to buy everything listed here to build a pond, but I have found it a LOT easier to have all the
components I need to complete a project at my disposal.
|Audio sounds provided by www.Freesound.org
38391- volivieri water flows over rock.wav
72722 - Manuel Calurano - Conversation
between a nightingale and a frog.mp3